Since it began operating in 2015, Recent Work Press has published a range of poetry by both established and new poets from around Australia and around the world.
Our submission window for poetry manuscripts this year will open from 1 to 30 June, for consideration for publication in the following year, details of which can be found below.
Recent Work Press submission guidelines.
- The window for submissions will be open from 1-30 June only. Submissions received outside the submission window will not be considered.
- We ask that poets interested in publishing with Recent Work make themselves aware of the type of books we publish and our publishing ethos.
- Please submit one manuscript only.
- In a cover letter/note, please include a brief description of the work and indicate why you think Recent Work would be a good match for your manuscript as well as a brief list of previous publications (if any) and other poetic/artistic achievements. We want to know where you are at in your poetry career.
- Submissions will open on 1 June 2022.
- Manuscripts will be reviewed in the period June to September, and details of decisions will be communicated by 30 September.
- Note that your submitted manuscript will be taken as final for the purposes of the editorial review. Please refrain from contacting us with changes/updates to your submission until the editorial decisions have been made. Successful submissions will go through an editorial process where any changes can be made.
- Please note, we are a very small press with limited resources. We are only able to publish a limited number of titles each year, and are unable to provide detailed responses to manuscripts that we do not accept.
- Direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Work Press’s manuscript submission period is now closed.